18 November 2010

Libraries


I got my wish for a library in my new house in what was billed as a main floor bedroom. It 11 by 11 feet with one window, french doors to the foyer, a closet and door to a bath.
I have pondered its tiny decor and considered something glossy like this Miles Redd library. (above)


I adore this Chesterfeild sofa but I think I will be using my Duncan Phyfe style settee.




Built-ins are a long way in the future for us. They are cozy looking though.


This nook created by shelves would be easy to replicate with ready-made shelves.



Who wouldn't love a library ladder? The chandelier and floor are marvelous too.

All images via House Beautiful


1 comment:

  1. unfortunately library ladders are crazy expensive though (for a nice one) as it turns out -ugh - been researching one for a client.

    ReplyDelete