08 October 2010

Other homes I can't afford (but love)

This 635 acre Farm in Alblemarle County (pronounced alb-marl), Virginia, near Charlottesville, is listed for a mere $17 million.
If you enjoy wine and...


and bucolic drives this might be your next home.

This cozy eating area is far from ostentatious as is...


this multipurpose room with a view.

If a smaller budget is in your picture, Crozet, just west of Charlottesville holds this...


magnificent retreat.

This four bedroom home on 121 acres is listed at 2.7 million and looks perfect to me.







Of course, I would prefer something in my original hometown Alexandria , Virginia.




This is the poolside view of the Potomac River near George Washington's Mount Vernon.




If you prefer city dwelling in Alexandria this would be a great pick and a favorite of mine since I used to live in historic Old Town.



 
The tree lined, bricked streets along the Potomac River are just south of Washington D.C.







This house has all the Southern charm one could ask for. Note the potrait of Robert E. Lee, an Alexandria native and one of my ancestors.






No comments:

Post a Comment