24 September 2010

The one that got away

This househunting business is frustrating. Falling in like with a house and being outbid, too slow to bid or trusting internet pictures that turn out badly is getting old. I have posted a few houses that I was interested in before.
Here is how a few turned out.


We were outbid on this one. Very depressing but not surprising.

 
This one was taken off the market. It was lovely but the bedrooms were really small.


This house was is a lake community. We were so excited. It had huge rooms and lots of them. It was a gigantic let down to see. Shoddy workmanship and a obvious water/mold problem knocked it right off our list.

This one went under contract before we had a chance to see it.


So did this one and it broke my heart. We were able to see it and I absolutely loved it.

We have offers on two other houses that are relatively boring. New construction does not excite me, although one was the model for the neighborhood and has many premiums. I would prefer something older.



Like this one in Leesburg, Virginia, that is not for sale.

1 comment:

  1. Something will come along soon enough and it will be perfect!

    E+J

    ReplyDelete