07 September 2010

Perfectly round, perfect cookies

I have not posted anything yummy in awhile. Usually the first week of school I make a special treat or two
for my family. Last week I was going to lazily bake boxed brownies, when to my shock we were out of them.
Instead I made my sorta famous sugar cookies and I know, I know hydrogenated fats blah, blah, its delicious.

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 cup butter flavor Crisco ( don't use generic, trust me)
 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs

PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.


COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter flavor Crisco, granulated sugar,  and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Scoop with a very small scoop onto ungreased baking sheets. Level the scoop with a knife or spatula for precise cookies that are evenly crisp and perfectly round.



BAKE for 11 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes or best on marble board.

The four of us finished the batch in an
embarrassingly short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment