17 May 2011

Plates on a wall


I am a fan of hanging plates as ornament. I am a traditionalist, meaning I like symmetry and small groupings. I am seeing more large, asymmetrical groupings like this one. 
 

They certainly have a lot of movement and energy, whether with modern plates or antique.


I don't think I would do something like this in my house and I can say for sure that I would not hang Thomas Paul melamine plates no matter how cute.


I like the plates on this yellow wall but the lack of similarity is not for me.


Cluttered?


I like smaller groupings but this one is interesting.


This one really appeals to me because of the symmetry, like colors and similar items. The unexpected element of the plate on the easel really does it for me without being totally crazy.

Call me boring if you want. Which do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment