23 June 2011

Chinoiserie score!


I came across this Brunschwig and Fils fabric on eBay a few weeks ago while searching for "Le Lac"  to make a few throw pillows. There were basically scraps totaling a bit over two yards and for $20 I got high end fabric. I was planning to use it for a valance in my kitchen.
When it arrived my heart sunk as it really fought with the nearby curtain..

I looked at the fabric again and realized that the ivory silk stripe that I was planning on buying to recover these dining chairs would no longer be needed.

 I also scored these six pristine, vintage Henckel-Harris dining chairs for $700.
There are two smallish vignettes on the fabric and I have enough for three of each on chairs and will get a few pillows made for the living room from the remainder.

I even managed to knock out a few 4" x 4" coasters out of this too. If that's not a $20 deal I don't know what is!

3 comments:

  1. Oh perfection my dear!! I really need to check out eBay again! The chairs are gorgeous!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    I have a New, very fashionable Giveaway on my site! Come and see!

    ReplyDelete