13 June 2011

finding inspiration anywhere


I am often driven to a new idea or inspired by an image or things I see out and about. By that I mean, that the visual bookmark in my mind is jogged when I see things I like and I am reminded that I wanted to find the perfect fabric for my dining room chairs, for instance.
I often find inspiration in colors of fabrics...




and design motifs.

  and their shapes in general.



Patterns in nature inspire my love of symmetry.



Texture is one thing that I don't always use as a jumping off point in an over all design although,
I can't help but notice it.




 Art is a huge source of inspiration for me.


The color, texture and shapes all get my creative mind going.



Where do you find inspiration?

1 comment:

  1. Kerry I agree and love looking to fashion, interior design and art of course for inspiration!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    Do enter my New Giveaway from the Artisans at Novica!

    ReplyDelete