04 June 2011

Traversing hell


A few weeks ago, I traveled to Pennsylvania unexpectedly and arranged a visit to the drapery workroom I have always used. It was so nice to visit with Patty, the owner and friend of mine. She does great work and her prices are good too. I was also dying to have the drape for the poorly dressed sliding glass door in the dining area of my kitchen. It had vertical blinds, which I despise over all other window treatments and they were missing about half of the panels and did not open and close.


I am thrilled with the chinoiserie print on a bark colored cotton/linen blend. I chose a decorative traverse rod from Kirsch and it took a few extra weeks to arrive. We all have been enduring blinding sun through dinner and a few extra degrees in the afternoons so it was great to finally have all of the parts and my husband was unusually willing to put the hardware up.
Ack! I always had installers do this and I've never used a decorative traverse rod. The cryptic directions were little help. It took five, yes five hours to hang. At about four and a half hours in, I consulted the Kirsch website to find completely different and logical instructions.
I am so glad the next round of drapes from PA will stationary panels with a rod pocket, especially since there are four and will be 9 feet up.

No comments:

Post a Comment