29 June 2011

A grand birthday and decorating progress!

My less than stellar attempt at Sachertorte
Yesterday was my 43rd birthday and it was great, the cake notwithstanding.

I slept in and woke up to these lovely roses and other yummy breakfast treats.


In the afternoon, I made a Viennese Sachertorte that was not so great. I am usually good at patisserie but this was a bit of a flop so I went antique shopping.
I had been thinking about a blanc de Chine piece I saw and wanted to see if it was still there.
It was but did not live up to my memory of it, besides, it was next to this fabulous (but not antique) pagoda jar.
 I scooped it up and found a wedding present for my Uncle too.
At home there was...

Moet et Chandon in Baccarat with Suisse fondue for dinner.
During all that birthday fun the FedEx man rang with my drapes for the family room.

They'll be hung behind this newly reupholstered sofa when the rods arrive. 
I have not yet hung the bamboo shades that will go on the windows under the drapes.

I have managed the addition of a vintage, kid-proof club chair and two end tables. The marble top Saarinen style is my favorite.


I left the bee, the fingerprints, and the very wrinkled coasters in this shot of the vintage side table because this is a casual room that I must share with my little one. I have other rooms that are for grown -ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment