27 September 2011

Decorating with books


I know negative sounding posts can be an annoying read, so I'll try to stay positive after saying, "I'm just not feeling the trend toward color coordinated book displays."

The internet is certainly useful when needing quick answers but nothing replaces the feel of a real live book and speedy, digital practicality aside, I like to be able to quickly and surely find a book by the writing on its spine.

Perhaps a small vignette on a side table, to lend substance and height and complete a color story.

I have this many books but doubt I could sort them in such even quantities of color


I like my books to have a more organically collected appearance, perhaps because they were.


The most lovely to me is the haphazard collection mixed with objets, photos, and souveniers in a slightly messy array.
Oh well, guess I'm old-fashioned that way.

"The best decoration in the world is a roomful of books" - Billy Baldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment